Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Birds!

I made these tags today for a swap.  The background coloring is the left over alcohol ink that was dried up from making my flowers.  I simply added a bit of blending solution and mopped up all that color.  After drying with a heat gun, the background was stamped with Concord Distress Ink.  I added the birds stamps with permanent ink.  A bit of texture and interest was added with the ribbon, charm and trinket pin.  The flower is definitely center stage though. 



I made these from Spirofoil.  I wish they photographed better!  I ran this awesome vintage craft find through my Big Shot with the Tattered Floral die, and it cut pretty well.  I did have a few corners that were stuck, but I was able to pull them apart with no damage.  I colored the foil cut outs with alcohol inks. The center button was chosen and added to a small length of wire, to which I strung my flowers.  This allowed a perfect way to attach my large embellishment as well.  Hopefully they will be well received by the recipients.  As always, the creative process was a joy.


I also recently finished up some chunky book pages.  The theme was birds and blooms.  I used a vintage bird book I found at an antique shop in Grand Rapids as my inspiration.  This was my first time using the flowers you can buy in a jar.  I stretched them out by cutting out some flowers, again from my die, with ephemera. I spritzed the flowers with inks and Glimmer Mists to unite them.


I used a bit of distressed sheet music to provide a back drop.  I finished the pages off with tissue tape, as you may know, I am addicted.  I think this frames out the page well and adds more texture.  The back of the page which I did not photograph, is embossed and distressed.  I had to make 20 of these babies!!!



I can't wait to see how my birds and blooms Chunky Book turns out!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces of ART!!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are beautiful! I've always wanted to make a really chunky mini. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Flutterflies22 Swap-bot

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!