Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back to my creative roots

I have to say that making all these Chotski pins had me hankering for bead work.  This is where I started on my creative path.  In fact, I have a very clear memory of the first time I beaded as a young girl.  I was at a baby sitters house and I made a white and clear seed bead bracelet on a piece of dental floss. 


Pictured above are some of the Chotski Pins I pins I have made.  I seriously can't stop making them.  The one on the bottom I had "completed" previously, but after blogging about it and seeing the pictures I decided it was not done.  I use hardware such as washers, nuts and bolts alongside charms, broken jewelry, Tim Holtz embellishments and found objects.  I have also used odd watch parts and hardware that I have no idea what the correct use is.  They are so fun and eclectic.   

As promised I will be randomly choosing one lucky winner for one of these pins, as promised on a previous post.   I will be doing the drawing this evening, so there is still time to enter. I think I may join in another round of swapping these dandies over at Red Lead too.

Since I was so inspired from the use of all my old tools, I stopped in a local bead shop and picked up a few strands of affordable pearls.  I whipped this out in no time and hope to make an additional complimentary necklace today. 



A huge thanks to Red Lead for all this inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. Fab chotski pins Rhea, I took part in an altered charm swap recently, to make charms for these pins, and it was great fun. I love all of the pieces that you've made. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bracelet...did you make the matching necklace yet? I love making beaded jewelry. I find it very cathartic. Have you ever tried making chainmail? I thought that it would be horrible to do, but once I got the hang of it, I whipped out a necklace and bracelet in an afternoon. You should try it sometime, and maybe hang some of your charms off of some of the links.

    SFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chotsky pins are delightful. I love the delicacy of the lovely pearl bracelet.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!