Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vintage Valentine

As part of my adoration of Tim Holtz and his product line, I am involved with an online community called All Things Tim.  From time to time there are chunky book swaps to participate in,  I jumped on board with the Vintage Valentine offering.  I am also entering this into this week's challege of "anything but a card," over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

My pages are 6x6 and mounted on very heavy chipboard.  I used Tim's images from his seasonal paper stash as my focal.  Many other of his goodies were used as well:  antique linen distress stain, his new tissue paper and of course tissue tape.


 


The backs are adorned with faux postcards I made from some kraft paper.  Some of them actually have burnt edges for interest. 




I also added these cute little faux wax seals as a decorative element on the back.  I learned how to do this from a crafty pal, Angela in her first online tutorial.  Thanks for your inspiration Angela!




Each front layout is a little bit different.  I used a new die cut my mom picked out for me for Christmas on her own, she did great!  I am not sure I would have chosen it on my own, and I absolutely love it. 





Another element you can see on this page are these darling square doilies.  Another crafty pal resource here, thanks Cathwren!  I aged them a bit with a few hits of distress stain. I had a different plan for them, but they were just too pretty to cut up.  Spray adhesive was the secret to a durable page with no pesky loose edges.   





I also used, gasp, stickers!  The hearts were from Martha and have a delicious texture.  They were a bit too pink for me, which I attended to with a little vintage photo ink. 




I had a two different paper selections for the back.  I love the clever use of an old postage stamp and a vintage air mail stamp.  I just adore all things postal!  I am also very grateful for the inspiration this little group provides me. 

Thanks ATT!

Cheers,

Rhea





13 comments:

  1. The Valentines are just beautiful... I'm glad you used them whole.. you did a great job... your peeps are gonna lov'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages, Rhea! Hope I get one of them in the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Love the vintage images. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages, so beautifully done. It's time to start playing with valentines...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Rhea!! Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Rhea! And thanks so much for the mention! I feel like a star. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!