Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Charming Vintage Valentine

I had intended on getting this post up on Valentine's Day, but alas, I have been under the weather and whatever I have is really lingering.  Today I pushed through and mustered up the energy to snap some shots of a really cool collaborative project.  The chunky book pages are the results of a Vintage Valentine swap over on All Things Tim. I made a simple cover and back with really pretty paper I picked up at Altered Art Addicts.



An interesting addition to this chunky book, are all the wonderful art charms.  I was lucky enough to win a contest in my art charms group and received this lovely set of love themed charms.  It arrived as a necklace, but I knew it would become journal jewelry as soon as I realized I had the perfect opportunity to combine all of my Valentine loot. 





I used several of Tim Holtz's charm clips to add my charms to my books.  These are the perfect tool for doing this task, I am saddened that they are discontinued.






I really love the page shown above.  The little bunting is just perfect and the imagery and embellishments are just darling. 





I have to say that our group is a really talented one.  Each page has so many elements, I see something new to enjoy each time I flip through the book. 


 


This page is interactive.  The little paper doll can be removed and her closet on the back of the page opens.  I really appreciate this kind of work as I love art that engages the observer. 







Here is another page with a tuck in.  You can pull the little Valentine out of it's cute little envelope.  I also love the rosettes and pretty trims. 




I am going to enter my little book in this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.   Two weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win their weekly drawing for a $50 gift certificate.  I had a blast shopping and I can't wait to use the goods I purchased with my winnings. 

Cheers,

Rhea

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful book, I love all the pages and charms! I'm sorry now I didn't join the swap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. rhea it is very beautiful.I enjoyed playing but mine got lost in the mail and it was wonderful to see the out come.

    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the charms! Great idea, and beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful little book!
    Hope you feel better. I am just getting over that dreadful cold myself. Seems everyone has been coming down with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA! Another outstanding work of art! Rhea, you knock my socks off!
    XOXO, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous.
    So romantic, so rich.... so beutiful
    Hugs
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely STUNNING book! All pages are wonderful and so many details. I bet you flip through it all the time and discover something new. Great inspiration to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEET! I love your art and I love that you use the charms in different ways! I am always honored if you use one of mine! Thanks for giving us a peek inside your book and world. Hope you are feeling better! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Feeling better soon. Look forward to seeing you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there thank you for sharing your fabby project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and SHow, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an awsome job on your mini!! I love all the little details and fun stuff to play with....one of the great things about making your own! Tfs! Hope you feel better soon:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhea, That is so cute. It really inspires me to think about making a book where I can save vintage valentines I find in my treasure hunts. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so clever how you hung charms off of the page edges and not just the binding, I never thought of doing that. What a wonderful array of pages from all those different artists. A true keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love chunky books they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great book to go through over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful book! And I loved the use of ArtCharms on it. I'm inspired to try it on one of my books! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet little book. Now I have to go find all my old valentines and put them in a book & make charms. thanks for such sweet inspiration! ~Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book looks fantastic, and I really love the use of the charms. I took a quick peek and it looks like you can get those charm clips on ebay. If they are discontinued, you may want to stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW, what a fabulous book! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rhea, your album is fantastic! Love all the charms and bling hanging from the spine and also off the page edges... such a VERY cool look!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!