Thursday, May 3, 2012

A visit to Pixie Hill

One of the best benefits about being involved in online crafty communities is the ability to connect with others and share inspiration.  I learn so much from my fellow bloggers and artists.  Being a part of Alpha Stamps Yahoo group, provides tons of benefits.  There are secret sales, great swaps, challenges and a wealth of inspiration being shared among very talented artists.  Once of them is Nichola Battilana, of Pixie Hill.  Her work is stunning. She creates teeny tiny bits of assemblage that will attract fairy folk from near and far.  Nichola generously shared with the Alpha Stamps Yahoo group how she makes these lovely treasures and I wanted to share what I was able to make.




I made a ton of items to use in my domes.  Unfortunately, many of them were too large to squeeze inside these tiny Domed Apothecary Bottles from Alpha Stamps.  I know I will find a use for them though.  Nichola's must be even tinier.  She has some houses and mushrooms inside the same tiny space!  Mine are a bit crowded, but I love them anyway.  




I borrowed a nest from one of my birds to make a quick little fairy town to show of  the rest of the elements I made.  I could have made mushrooms for days.   



I adore the red mushrooms.  My polka dots are wonky and not the same consistent size, but oh well.  Embrace imperfection!  I also should have done two coats of red paint.  I am really impatient for an assemblage artist.  



Pretty darn cute in my humble opinion!  Thank you so much to Nichola for sharing her expertise.  The Yahoo group is open to anyone, so feel free to stop by and join us for some inspiration, great swaps and great product.  




Cheers, 

Rhea

10 comments:

  1. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fantastic! I love the pointy brown ones... I just may have to copy those myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! can't wait to make some of my own - I'm a total sucker for little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and you are sooo creative:) Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are wonderful Rhea..I love them..I am a fairy nut anyway awesome art.You must turn your back so I can run away with them now.yes yes turn around.

    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty darn cute is right. I can't help but feel that the fairies and the magic are just off camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty darn cute for sure! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love the brown ones. And I hear ya on being impatient for an assembly artist...that's why i have about 7 projects going at once, there is always one that is done enough to go to the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a GREAT job!! Makes me wonder what other little treasures are hiding??

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!