Monday, September 2, 2013

Shabby Chic Round Robin



Well this is the last I will be posting about my Kindred Souls round robin contributions.  Sadly this swap is coming to an end.  For this post I will be showing off two pages both with shabby chic themes.




The first book page here is for Carol.  Her theme was inspirational sayings with a shabby chic feel. She also mentioned that she liked things with wings.  I used a variety of Graphic 45 paper including sheets from A Ladies' Diary and Botanicabella.  The key and key hole were aged with acrylic paint and gilders paste.




Gloria's book continues the same theme, so I stayed in a similar color palate.  I stretched myself to use some old trims I had on hand.  Lots more Graphic 45 with chip board parts and more metal staples.




One of my tried and true strategies when edging out this type of page is to use decorative tapes.  I love that this hides my sloppy cutting.  The edges were waxed with gilders paste as well.




On the back of this page I have used a sheet from an old Sears and Roebuck catalog.  I thought the imagery fit the theme well.  I did add a subtle layer of shimmer with a spritz of ink and a stencil.




I really had a nice time stepping outside of my usual style.  This is why I like to play in swaps such as this.  I am eagerly awaiting the return of my journal.  I will be sure to post when it arrives.




P.S.  Gloria, I could not resist adding a few bits of junk to the outside of your book.  I hope you don't mind!




Cheers, 

Rhea

10 comments:

  1. This are delightful Rhea! Where do you get all your "junk", you have the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Rhea! Thank you for adding some bits of "junk"! What a lovely surprise!!

    Warm hugs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are lovely, and so rich in texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS Rhea. Those ladies are in for a treat when they receive these. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meraviglioso lavoro! Complimenti!!! Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pages are amazing, Carol will love it I am sure!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful work of art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of lovely details on your gorgeous creation
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!