Saturday, February 8, 2014

Steampunk Valentine


I was inspired to make this card because of my new design team appointment with Xyron.  With the Valentine holiday right upon us, I decided to go with that theme.  Of course I had to put a bit of a steampunk twist on it, and here is what I came up with. I used 1/4 inch (6mm) Double Sided Tape and it worked like a dream, getting the edges perfectly.



My chosen paper was Steampunk Spells paper by Graphic 45, how cool that this Halloween paper can double for an edgy valentine.  I embossed some foil card stock I had on hand and altered it with Vintaj Patina, Liquid Pearls and a black acrylic paint wash.



Inside I added some of the Kraft Reflections paper along with some stickers and layered paper from the 6x6 patterns and solids, also from the Steampunk Spells line.




On the front I also added some stampings from Graphic 45 along with some of Tim Holtz's numeral rub ons. Metal corners I found in my stash help to ground and frame the card.




Another little secret, I actually used the back of the paper pack that is printed with the awesome gears and flowers, as a layer in this matte.  I just could not let that awesome imagery go to waste. Thanks for stopping by!  I truly hope you found at least tid bit of inspiration.

Cheers, 

Rhea

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your appointment to Xyron!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Rhea. Nice to see a different slant on Valentine's Day. I am sure your fella will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new roll on Xyron!
    Love your card, great job!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how different you made the diecut look with your great card design. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hurray for steampunk! That turned out really well. =)

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!