Friday, May 2, 2014

Xyron and Paper Smooches Blog Hop


I am always enthralled with dies, so when the opportunity came up with Xyron for this blog hop with Paper Smooches, I jumped at the chance.  This was my first time using thin dies and I have to say I was pleased with them!



The die I chose was Big Bloom.  I knew this would be perfect for many applications including mixed media. I set out to create a unique decorative piece.




The flowers are made of layers of burlap from DCWV as well as resin paper I made with 7 gypsies tissue paper.  I love the translucent look of the resined paper!




To assemble the flowers I used hitching posts from Tim Holtz.  A bit of twine added a nice finishing touch of texture.



The altered bottle I made was super simple with the help of my Xyron 5" Creative Station.  I simply added the ephemera I wanted to use to enhance my bottle by making stickers and adhering.  It makes it so quick and easy and there is no dry time.



 A few of Tim Holtz's rub ons finish off this fun little piece of home decor.  Rub ons are great for uneven surfaces such as this bottle.

Cheers,

Rhea

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Love
    the burlap flowers
    and all the details.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great in pictures, fabulous in person where you can better appreciate the resin tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even prettier in person. very clever flowers.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!