Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring Shadowbox


So recently Graphic 45 featured the nicest spotlight on me!  Not only did we have to answer a few questions, but we had to make a tutorial in our favorite crafting avenue.  I chose to make a small shadowbox with Raining Cats and Dogs and the snapguide is below.







The color palate in this line is great.  There is so much contrast.  It makes for a busy project, but I usually like lots of layers!



The metal flower above was faux enameled.  This gives it so much texture and age. The same technique was used on the filigree below.



I found yet another place to sneak in those cute red mushrooms.  I just adore those things!



The resin butterfly below has some patina colored gilders paste added to highlight the edges.  It also helps to bring it more into the intended color palate.  




Thank you so much for stopping by!  Happy Spring to you! (at least there is sunshine in Michigan...but it is still way too cold.)

Cheers, 

Rhea

2 comments:

  1. I posted a comment on G45's blog about how much I liked this project, and what a fantastic designer you are! I think I said you were my favorite creative designer:) Which you are:) You're the best....always inspiring...always producing awesome projects. G45 is lucky to have you on their design team. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely projects like this that make me think spring will come to Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!