Friday, April 17, 2015

Mixed Media Butterfly Box


I had so much fun really altering this box from Graphic 45.  

P.S. sorry about the moody morning light, I was under a deadline and had to work with what I had! 




I even made a tutorial on Snapguide so you can see how I achieved this lovely metal texture on plain old kraftboard!  




The addition of all the microbeads at the end really adds to the texture I created on this project. I admit it was a little scary to slather my project in glue at the end, but it was worth it.





I am running low on those amazing butterflies from Graphic 45.  This is a great way to pay homage to a retired supply!




Here is a photo of the back of the project so you can get an idea of what my base looked like.  I even managed to stamp a little in this project, which rarely happens because I am a sloppy stamper.  I used the purposefully messy "technique."




While there is not a ton of paper in this project, I do love the snips of Artisan Style that I used in this project.  What a lovely paper line!




Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you found a little bit of inspiration to take into your next crafting session.

Cheers, 

Rhea

1 comment:

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!