Sunday, April 12, 2015

Winged Heart Plaque


I have been so excited for these new Archival Cast Relics and Artifacts by Prima to come out.  They are just as amazing as I had hoped, and no matter what you do to them, you can make it work.  This project is proof of that!




I started by staining a Walnut Hallow plaque I had on hand.  I followed up with an edging of glitter and then some Inka gold. The stenciled words are actually with the Inka gold too and I rather like how they turned out.




The heart was treated with many mediums, too many in fact.  In the end I coated it with super fine glitter and accepted all the bumps and texture since I had played just a little too much.  The wings were treated with silver leaf and I think it worked perfect.




Under the heart is a wooden medallion thing that I purchased at a big box store.  I also treated it with leafing and matted it with paper from the Cartographer paper line.




I used gelatos, stickels and Twinkling H20's on the top portion of the heart.  A few pieces of vintage rhinestones add a nice detail behind the tied on key.  

Beware, I am going to guess these relics will be showing up in lots of my posts!

Cheers, 

Rhea


3 comments:

  1. Lots to keep the eye moving and happy in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! What a fantastic play, thanks for sharing!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhea what a lovely and decorative wood plaque you created. Love what you did. I have also been excited and still are to get some of the new Prima Relics and Artifacts. But so far only seen them being sold two places. But will get some to play with...eventually... Now I started seeing your lively art. Will keep this for inspiration.
    Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!